What Are Speedy Rewards Points
When shopping at Speedway, every purchase helps you save money on your next stop at the gas station. See below for a complete explanation on how the program works and how to maximize the benefits.
How To Earn Speedy Rewards Points
Speedy Rewards differentiates between two different types of spend with regards to how many fuel points you will earn:
- Merchandise: 20 base points per dollar
- Gas: 10 base points per gallon of fuel
Gift Card Bonus Points Promos
Every month, Speedway has select items that earn bonus points in addition to the base points noted above. For example, in September 2020, you can get 500 bonus points for the purchase of a $25 gift card to Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Lowe’s, Home Depot or Google Play. The updated list of monthly bonus point promotions can be found by clicking here.
Do All Items Earn Speedy Rewards Points?
No, there is a short list of restricted items that do not earn Speedy Rewards points which includes tobacco, alcohol, lottery, money orders, in-store restaurants, milk (PA only), Speedy Cash prepaid cards, Vanilla Visa and Netspend, PayPal, or Green Dot Reloadable products.
Is There A Limit To The Number Of Speedway Speedy Rewards Points You Can Earn?
Nope. The only limit is your credit card limit.
What Are Monthly Perks?
Every month, Speedy Rewards gives you the ability to add a “Perk” to your account to improve your earning potential even further. You can see what perks your account is eligible for by clicking here. For the month of September 2020, some of the perks I can add are: (1) Double Fuel Points (i.e. 20 points per gallon versus the normal 10) or (2) Earn 100 points on 20 oz soft drinks.
What Are Speedy Rewards Clubs?
Did you think the savings were over? Think again. Speedy Rewards also has clubs that provie with a voucher for a free product after completing the requirements of the club which is usually purchasing 6 of one product or 6 of a family of products. See below for a complete list of the Speedy Rewards Clubs and, worry not, you are automatically entered into these clubs whenever you purchase any eligible items. From a gift card reseller perspective, the Gaming and Music Club would just be icing on the cake if you were already planning to purchase Gaming, Music or Streaming gift cards.
- Beverage Club: Register and choose your reward. Buy any 6 Coffee, Fountain, Speedy Freeze, tea or specialty drink and receive a reward of your choice. Restrictions apply.
- Car Wash Club: Buy 6 car washes and receive a coupon for your 7th car wash FREE.
- Coca-Cola Club: Buy 6 Coca-Cola 20oz soft drinks and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE. Participating flavors include Coca-Cola Classic, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, and other Coca-Cola branded products.
- Doughnut Peddler Club: Buy 6 donuts and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Dr Pepper Club: Buy 6 Dr Pepper 20oz bottles and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Energy Shot Club: Buy 6 energy shots and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Enon Springs Club: Buy 6 Enon Springs 20oz bottles and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- F’Real Milkshake Club: Buy 6 f’real milkshakes and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Frito Lay Club: Buy any 6 single serve Frito Lay bags and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Gaming and Music Club: Buy 6 Gaming, Music, or Streaming Cards and receive a coupon for 1,000 bonus points.
- Gatorade Club: Buy 6 Gatorade 24 or 28oz bottles and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Good to Go Fresh Donut Club: Buy 6 Speedy Good to Go fresh donuts and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Krispy Kreme Club: Buy 6 Doughnuts and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Lipton Club: Buy 6 Lipton drinks and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Mountain Dew Club: Buy 6 Mountain Dew 20oz bottles and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Muscle Milk Club: Buy 6 Muscle Milk 14oz bottles and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- MyVanilla Reload Club: Reload 6 and receive a coupon for your 7th FEE FREE.
- NetSpend Reload Club: Reload 6 and receive a coupon for your 7th FEE FREE.
- Pepsi Club: Buy 6 Pepsi Cola 20oz soft drinks and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE. Participating flavors include Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Pepsi Wild Cherry and other Pepsi branded products.
- Red Bull 16oz Club: Buy 6 Red Bull 16oz cans and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Snapple Club: Buy 6 Snapple 16oz or 32oz bottles and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Starbucks Club: Buy 6 Starbucks drinks and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
- Supermoms Donut Club: Buy 6 donuts and receive a coupon for your 7th FREE.
How To Redeem Speedy Rewards Points
Speedy Rewards Fuel Redemption Overview
There are actually three tiers of fuel redemptions options for Speedy Rewards though each option is an equivalent value. The three tiers are:
- 10¢ Discount: 1,750 points
- 25¢ Discount: 4,375 points
- 50¢ Discount: 8,750 points
Speedy Rewards Gift Card Redemption Overview
Speedy Rewards can also be redeemed for third-party gift card unlike other fuel point programs. In general, you can redeem points for the following values for third-party gift cards:
- $10: 12,000 points
- $15: 18,000 points
- $20: 24,000 points
- $25: 30,000 points
- $50: 60,000 points
You can also get Speedway Gift Cards at better rates than third-party gift cards:
- $5 Speedy Cash Gift Card: 5,500 point
- $10 Speedway Food and Merchandise Card: 7,900 point
- $10 Speedy Cash Gift Card: 10,450 point
- $25 Speedway Food and Merchandise Card: 19,500 point
- $25 Speedy Cash Gift Card: 26,000 point
- $50 Speedway Food and Merchandise Card: 38,000 point
- $50 Speedy Cash Gift Card: 51,500 point
- $100 Speedway Food and Merchandise Card: 75,000 point
- $100 Speedy Cash Gift Card: 102,000 point
- $200 Speedy Cash Gift Card: 202,000 point
What Brands Are Available for Gift Card Redemptions
Speedway offers a plethora of brands available for gift card redemptions with a list of the avilable brands below. Note, however, that every brand is not available in every denomination.
- At Home
- Auto Zone
- Barnes & Noble
- Bass Pro
- Bath & Body Works
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Best Buy
- Bob Evans
- Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s
- Cheesecake Factory
- Chick fil A
- Cracker Barrel
- Dairy Queen
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Door Dash
- Game Stop
- Gearbox Fortnite V-Bucks
- Harley Davidson
- Home Depot
- Microsoft Xbox
- Millers Ale House
- PF Chang’s
- Red Lobster
- Red Robin
- Speedy Cash
- Speedy Good to Go or Speedy Cafe
- Taco Bell
- Texas Roadhouse
- TGI Fridays
- Ulta Beauty
- Vanilla Visa
- White Castle
Do Speedy Rewards Points Expire?
Yes, Speedy Rewards Points expire after 9 months of inactivity. This is one of the most customer friendly expiration policies out there in regards to fuel points programs.
How Much Are Speedy Rewards Points Worth?
Fuel: Speedy Rewards Points are worth between 0.0¢ / point (if you let them expire) and 0.0014¢ / point if you are able to maximize the 25 gallon max discount. Given the average fuel tank of 14-18 gallons, it is reasonable to assume that Speedy Rewards Points are worth between 0.08¢ and 0.1¢ per point when used for fuel.
Third Party Gift Cards: Speedy Rewards Points are worth ~0.08¢ per point when used for third-party gift cards.
Should I use my Speedy Rewards Points for Gas or Gift Cards?
Based off the math above, you will receive a slightly better return on your Speedy Rewards Points when you use them for gas over third-party gift cards. Note that this calculation does not take into account selling fees if you’re planning on re-selling the third-party gift cards
Where Can I See My Speedway Speedy Rewards Balance?
You can see your current Speedy Rewards Balance by clicking here with an example below. When you check your Speedway Speedy Rewards balance you will see one number under “Activity Dashboard” since the expiration timeframe is so generous…
- Points Earned: How many points have you earned over the timeframe noted.
Use Speedy Rewards Points For Discount Gift Cards
Other Fuel Points Programs
Fuel Points Programs are prevelant across the country with almost every major grovery chain offering a progrm of some form. That said, each program has it's own intricacies and works a little differently. Luckily for you, we maintain guides (just like this one) for all the major programs.